Important information for all picnics at pont de val picnic park
Timeslots and entrance to Pont de Val:
- Check in time for your picnic is strictly within 30 minutes from your booking time, e.g. if your picnic starts at 10:00, please arrive no later than 10:30.
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, you cannot picnic longer if you arrived late! Be on time to be able to enjoy the whole duration of your picnic. Picnics are packed up at check out time.
- Entrance fees are included in all our picnic packages, except the “Picnic for 2” package. Please give your name when you arrive at the ticket office and they will allow the number of people as per your picnic booking to go through free of charge.
- Once you arrived, kindly find one of our staff members at the BELLFLOWER stand in the Village with shops.
- Check out time is strictly at 13:00 for morning picnics and 18:00 for afternoon picnics. You can leave the set up right there and don’t need to pack up anything. If you leave early, kindly inform us so that someone can come pack up and ensure our décor does not get lost or go missing.
- PLEASE NOTE: Pont de Val is a CASHLESS environment!
- Please note that NO FOOD OR DRINK (including alcohol) will be allowed upon entrance.
- We do not supply any food or drinks. Only vouchers for the Margherita Pizza. You can pre-book food via Pont de Val or buy food at the food market on the day. Visit the Pont de Val website for more information: https://www.pontdeval.co.za/bakery-deli/
Cutlery & crockery:
- Luxury picnics are provided with cutlery, an underplate, fabric napkins, paper plates and a Pont de Val-branded plastic wine glass for each person. Please leave all cutlery & crockery at the picnic spot.
- Pont de Val-branded plastic wine glass (or chalice as we call it at Pont de Val) is complimentary and you may take it home.
- Your picnic set up includes the décor and flowers. You are welcome to take the flowers out of the vase and take it home. Kindly leave all other décor behind including vases.
- Please note that we cannot take responsibility for looking after your picnic spot. It has happened that other people go sit on a picnic spot and start taking photos. We have asked the security to please watch out for this, however, the responsibility ultimately lies with you that your spot is used by you only during the time of your picnic.
- Your picnic may be postponed up to 48 hours prior to your booking. No late postponements, cancellations or refunds will be accepted.
- If you decide to continue with your picnic and it ends up raining, you can contact us with regards to the available indoor venues. We have 1 garden house roof structure available close to the river and 2 indoor shop-like facilities for the luxury picnic set ups. We will also communicate with you before/on the day and make suggestions. We make rainy day picnics cosier with more candles at no extra cost 🙂
- Please note that we are not able to accommodate the Picnic for 2 set up in an indoor venue.
Cancellation & postponement:
- Your picnic may be postponed up to 48 hours prior to your booking and we will rescheduled your picnic to a new date, as per the above requirements.
- We take all precautions to prevent the spread of Covid-19. All picnic décor including pillows, throws, etc. as well as cutlery and crockery is thoroughly washed after every single picnic.
- Please remember your mask as this is a requirement according to the law. Let’s care for our neighbours and also keep ourselves safe during this time.
- We comply with the regulations given in this time. Should the regulations not allow the sale of alcohol, we will replace your champagne (“Picnic for 2” package) with a non-alcoholic champagne.