Important information for all picnics at pont de val picnic park
Changes to bookings:
- NO CHANGES WILL BE MADE TO ANY BOOKINGS, UNLESS COMMUNICATED VIA E-MAIL SENT TO HELLO@BELLFLOWER.CO.ZA.
- WE DO NOT OFFER ANY REFUNDS. SHOULD YOU LIKE TO CANCEL (AT LEAST 76 HOURS/3 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR BOOKING) WE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH A BELLFLOWER VOUCHER TO USE FOR ANY OF OUR SERVICES, AT A LATER STAGE.
Timeslots and entrance to Pont de Val:
- Check in time for your picnic is strictly within 30 minutes from your booking time, e.g. if your picnic starts at 10:00, please arrive no later than 10:30 to enjoy the bulk of your picnic time.
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, you cannot picnic longer if you arrived late! Be on time to be able to enjoy the whole duration of your picnic. Picnics are packed up at check out time.
- Entrance fees are included in all our picnic packages, except the “Picnic for 2” package. Please give your name when you arrive at the ticket office and they will allow the number of people, as per your picnic booking, to go through free of charge.
- Once you arrived, kindly find one of our staff members at the BELLFLOWER stand in the Village with shops.
- Check out time is strictly at 13:00 for morning picnics and 18:00 for afternoon picnics. You can leave the set up right there and don’t need to pack up anything. If you leave early, kindly inform us so that someone can come pack up and ensure our décor does not get lost or go missing.
- PLEASE NOTE: Pont de Val is a CASHLESS environment!
- ENTRANCE FEE & LIVE SHOWS: On days with LIVE SHOWS, you will be required to pay the required entrance fee upon arrival at Pont de Val.
- Please note that NO FOOD OR DRINK (including alcohol) will be allowed upon entrance.
- We do not supply any food or drinks. Vouchers that are added onto our picnics can be used exclusively for the Le Grand Marche food market and bar You can pre-book food via Pont de Val or buy food at the food market on the day. Visit the Pont de Val website for more information: https://www.pontdeval.co.za/bakery-deli/
Cutlery & crockery:
- Luxury picnics are provided with cutlery, an underplate, fabric napkins, paper plates and a Pont de Val-branded plastic wine glass for each person. Please leave all cutlery & crockery at the picnic spot.
- Pont de Val-branded plastic wine glass (or chalice as we call it at Pont de Val) is complimentary and you may take it home.
- Your picnic set up includes the décor and flowers. Kindly leave all other décor behind.
- Please note that we cannot take responsibility for looking after your picnic spot. It has happened that other people go sit on a picnic spot and start taking photos. We have asked the security to please watch out for this, however, the responsibility ultimately lies with you that your spot is used by you only during the time of your picnic.
- Pont de Val has a dedicated smoking zone. If you would like to smoke during your picnic, kindly inform us so we can place your picnic in or near the smoking zone.
- Your picnic may be postponed up to 48 hours prior to your booking. No late postponements, cancellations or refunds will be accepted.
- If you decide to continue with your picnic and it ends up raining, you can contact us with regards to the available indoor venues. We have 1 garden house roof structure available close to the river and 2 indoor shop-like facilities for the luxury picnic set ups. We will also communicate with you before/on the day and make suggestions. We make rainy day picnics cosier with more candles at no extra cost 🙂
- Please note that we are not able to accommodate the Picnic for 2 set up in an indoor venue.
Cancellation & postponement:
- No late postponements, cancellations or refunds will be accepted.
- Cancellations or postponements, not due to weather conditions, must be communicated no later than 76 hours or 3 days in advance of your booking. To be communicated via email only.
- Your picnic may be postponed DUE TO WEATHER up to 48 hours prior to your booking and rescheduled to a new date. To be communicated via email only.
- We take all precautions to prevent the spread of Covid-19. All picnic décor including pillows, throws, etc. as well as cutlery and crockery is thoroughly washed after every single picnic.
- Please remember your mask as this is a requirement according to the law. Let’s care for our neighbours and also keep ourselves safe during this time.
- We comply with the regulations given in this time. Should the regulations not allow the sale of alcohol, we will replace your champagne (“Picnic for 2” package) with a non-alcoholic champagne.